Bailby One of the most random forums ever? 00 Sets, retro, Trains, Trams, Morph, Triffids and Dr Who!

rally the last few seconds, the last few metres," he sai

in Forbidden Planet Exclusives Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:44 am
by xusuwen96 • 150 Posts

TORONTO -- Injured Toronto Blue Jays right-hander Brandon Morrow doesnt have a timeline in place for his return to the lineup. Hes just happy to have his uniform on and be back with teammates after a long stint away from the club while rehabilitating a finger injury. Morrow returned to Rogers Centre on Tuesday and made 25 throws from 60 feet before the team took batting practice. It was the latest step in his recovery after suffering a torn tendon sheath in his throwing hand on May 2. "Its not 100 per cent but its not painful," Morrow said. "Its just kind of stiff from not really using it for six weeks. It actually feels better after I throw. It loosens it up and the range of motion gets better. "So its been great. Throwing has been good for the last week." Morrow had been rehabilitating in Arizona, spending up to two hours a day doing grip exercises to slowly strengthen his index finger. "Theres a lot of pinching and a lot of Play-Doh squeezing," he said. "Thats it really." Over the weekend, he took another step and started throwing from 45 feet. While the sessions would barely get his shoulder warm, Morrow understands its all part of the slow, long process of regaining strength and mobility. "It can heal back and thats what were hoping for," he said. "If there was no chance of it doing that, then I would have just had surgery that first week. But theres obviously a good chance of rehabbing it naturally I guess, and avoiding surgery and being healthy and getting it back to where I need it to be." Morrow, whos 1-2 with a 5.93 earned-run average this season, had his finger completely immobilized for two weeks after the injury. He couldnt lift upper-body weights for about four weeks until he felt comfortable gripping things again. Morrow wore a custom brace on his finger while throwing Tuesday. "Theres no doubt that if (his recovery) continues the way it has been that Ill pitch again this year," he said. "I cant put a date on it. They just put together a calendar for me, which I havent even seen. This is my fifth day throwing so its too early to say." The 29-year-old native of Santa Rosa, Calif., was tabbed to be a key part of the Toronto rotation this season. His potential return could give the first-place Blue Jays a nice boost for the stretch drive. "Thats what Im looking to do is to come in at a really crucial point in the season and be able to pitch the way that I have in the past and contribute and add something to the team," Morrow said. There were hugs and handshakes all around Tuesday afternoon as he caught up with teammates in the clubhouse and dugout before Tuesday nights game against the New York Yankees. "I think it was for my own sanity to come back," Morrow joked. "But yeah, Im to the point where I dont need the hand therapy three times a week anymore, where the rehab is more now throwing and getting back into a regular baseball throwing program routine. "It makes sense to make that transition from doing the small stuff to more of the baseball stuff. So it makes sense to come back." Shamar Stephen Jersey .com) - Mikko Korhonen carded a 5-under 67 on Thursday to claim medalist honors at the European Tours Final Qualifying Stage tournament. Dalvin Cook Jersey . Joining him in this years class were Switzerlands Patrick Huerlimann and Norways Eigil Ramsfjell. The announcement was made at the world mens curling championship at Capital Indoor Stadium in China. http://www.thevikingsshoponline.com/Yout...Vikings-Jersey/. Joining him in this years class were Switzerlands Patrick Huerlimann and Norways Eigil Ramsfjell. The announcement was made at the world mens curling championship at Capital Indoor Stadium in China. Alan Page Jersey . Serves hit by her surgically repaired shoulder often missed the mark, resulting in 12 double-faults. Everson Griffen Jersey .C. Lions. The clubs former starting quarterback, assistant and head coach returned Thursday as its receivers coach. SOCHI, Russia -- The amazing ride for Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse didnt end at the Sanki Sliding Center. Canadas Olympic bobsled champions received one of the Games highest honours, chosen to carry Canadas flag into Sundays closing ceremony. "Wow. Its truly an honour to represent what our Canadian athletes are all about," Moyse said. "If we look back to the Canadian teams performance back in Vancouver (in 2010) we can see that a new culture of winning has truly emerged. "The fight that Kaillie and I demonstrated here reflects the fight of all of our Canadian athletes. We are strong. We are winter. We have the strength of a nation behind us. We were raised on ice and in snow. "And as we said in our note to the Canadian hockey team, we also fight to the bitter end." Only twice before has Canada had two people share flag duties: pairs figure skaters Jamie Sale and David Pelletier in 2002, and rowers Marnie McBean and Kathleen Heddle in 1996. Womens hockey star Hayley Wickenheiser carried the flag into the opening ceremony in Sochi. Humphries, from Calgary, and Moyse, from Summerside, P.E.I., displayed steely nerves in their come-from-behind victory. The Canada 1 sled had a gap of 11-100ths of a second to close entering the final run. Moyse delivered with a strong push at the start, then Humphries took over from there. In the end the USA-1 sled came up short on its final run, giving Canada the win by a tenth of a second. "We were able to show the world that were fierce, were proud, were determined, were not going to settle for anything less than being the very best, and were going to do it in our own way," Humphries said. "Heather and I in our race. . . neither of us gave up and we knew we had a nation behind us, pushing us, and not giving up either, and that gave us the strength to really go all in and never let up." Humphries and Moyse were underdogs when they won at the Vancouver Games four years ago but were favourites this time around. The Canadians had at least silver locked up after their final run at the Sanki Sliding Center, and then had a nervous two-minute wait in the finish area while Americans Elana Meyers and Lauryn Williams completed their run. The pressure seemed to get to the Americans, who came up one-10tth of a second short with a wobbly run, meaning Canadas women were golden once again.dddddddddddd Humphries and Moyse received the flag news very early Sunday morning. Theyd been at the bobsled track late watching the Canadian men race. When the 28-year-old Humphries got the call from Canadian chef de mission Steve Podborski, she thought shed pocket-dialled him. "He was like No, I called you," Humphries said. "To get that phone call to be told that you get to walk into a ceremonies with your countrymen behind you, your teammates, your family, and to know that youve been chosen as one to represent. . . goes beyond just words." As the women pointed out, they represent Canada almost from coast to coast. After the Vancouver Games, there were references about the two being meat and potatoes -- Alberta beef and P.E.I. potatoes. "That steak and potatoes, that gold-medal meal," Humphries said. "We tie in everywhere from coast to coast, and its not just (an honour) to represent our country, but to represent the athletes who are here, the best of the best who already represent our country so well." Podborski said the bobsledders embody the values the Canadian Olympic team set for the Sochi Games -- stoked, proud, inspired, fierce and unstoppable. "By defending their Olympic championship in a four-run come-from-behind battle that was clinched in literally the last few seconds, the last few metres," he said. The Canadian Olympic Committee had "an embarrassment of riches," to choose from as well, he added. Among other likely candidates: womens and mens curling champions Jennifer Jones and Brad Jacobs, moguls champion Alex Bilodeau, and sisters Justine and Chloe Dufour-Lapointe sisters, gold and silver medallists in womens moguls. Hours before they were to march into Fisht Olympic stadium, Humphries was hoping to control her nerves while Moyse was worried about crying. "Im so nervous and so excited for it and I was not even close to this nervous competing by any means," Humphries said, laughing. "For me the nerves will probably be to try to get through it without sobbing," Moyse added. "Its an extremely emotional feeling, so if I get through it without crying, that will be a huge step." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

A Manion Corp. lease
Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: BeatrixMax
Board Statistics
The forum has 14677 topics and 16040 posts.